Obtaining a NIE number (TIN)
- completed NIE application;
- fee payment confirmation stamped by the bank;
- original and photocopy of your passport or other identification document;
- in case of a legal representative corresponding identification documents need to be enclosed.
*The NIE application procedure is subject to change by the corresponding authorities.
Open a Spanish bank account
- a valid passport,
- a copy of NIE number,
- sale and purchase contract or a confirmation of the reserve made on property (in case the bank specifically
asks for it)
- proof of income documents
Documents required for a mortgage in Spain:
- 2 personal tax returns.
- Work contract.
- Last 12 months personal bank statements showing day to day activity
- Certification of property free of mortgage lien in the country of residence
- Employer’s reference and or contact of employment.
- Copy of a personal credit file and or annual debt statements
- In some cases references from the bank may be required
- Other documents confirming additional sources of income, such as:
lease contracts, income certificates and other documents a bank may consider necessary when applying for a
mortgage over 500.000€.
*Banks reserve the right to request any documents they consider necessary.
All documents must be translated into Spanish with a corresponding apostille
(a form of document certification in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961),
or they must be legalized by a Spanish Consulate, or by a certified Spanish translator (traductor jurado). We
personally recommend the latter.
The originals of all documents must be brought to the notary prior to deed register.